Wills, Trusts and Estates Solicitors
We have helped Brighton and Sussex families prepare their wills and make sure their financial affairs are in good order for generations.
There are many reasons for making a will or trust and we’re here to help and advise throughout the process.
- A will allows you to decide who benefits from your estate. If you die without making a will, the law dictates the beneficiaries.
- A will allows you to decide who will administer your estate as you can appoint executors who you trust to deal with your affairs after you have died.
- A will ensures your children are provided for financially and you can name guardians to ensure they are looked after during their childhood.
- A will is particularly important if you are not married as unmarried partners are not entitled to anything from your estate unless stated in a will no matter how long you have been together.
- In certain circumstances you may need to create a trust. We’ll advise you whether this is beneficial and how to go about it.
- We will advise you on inheritance tax and the latest developments that may affect the distribution of your estate.
- A will allows you to support a charity that may hold a particular place in your heart by leaving a legacy to them.
- A will allows you to protect your digital assets which are increasingly important in modern society.
- We can also help with ongoing administration and advising the existing trustees about their duties and responsibilities, including tax management.
For more information please contact a member of our Private Client team or email us.