Family Law Solicitors
Our family team‘s fully inclusive and comprehensive service is founded on the depth and breadth of their considerable experience. We offer sensible, pragmatic advice, sensitivity and sound judgement and this results in successful outcomes and our clients’ satisfaction.
Whether dealing with simple or complex financial issues or disputes relating to children in the family, our approach is to seek a speedy and cost effective resolution. If court proceedings are necessary, we ensure the litigation is dealt with and prepared thoroughly and effectively.
Our team are particularly well-known for handling complex matrimonial finance and children law cases through litigation, collaborative law or other alternate dispute resolution mechanism. We have experience in advising on Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 matters, same sex relationship breakdown, pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements as well as the general ambit of financial remedy and children law cases.
Our Areas of Expertise:
- Civil partnership
- Cohabitation, pre-nuptial, and pre-cips contracts
- Collaborative family law
- Disputes involving children
- Disputes between unmarried partners about children and money or property
- Domestic violence, injunctions and emergency remedies
- Financial and property issues following divorce and relationship breakdown
- Pension implications of divorce
- Separation Agreements
Our wide area of experience extends to the Law Society Children Panel, membership of the Law Society Family Law Accreditation Scheme, and membership of the Law Society Family Law Financial Remedy Complex Asset Advance Accreditation Scheme.
We pride ourselves on being adept at matching the resolution process with the particular circumstances of the case. We endeavour to avoid a “one size fits all” approach whereby there may be a tendency to fit a round peg into a square hole thus fitting the case into the lawyer’s preferred process as opposed to the best process for the client upon. The decision as to process is carefully discussed with each and every client and is based upon an assessment of all of the circumstances of the case. We are solution-focused, practical but have the experience and professional expertise and acumen to handle the most complex and challenging cases.
- We will be completely clear in our costing and explanation of rates and will make sure you understand the costs before we begin.
- We would discuss with you fully and openly the options available for the funding of litigation.
- For children matters we offer an initial 1 hour appointment with Hannah Millrain for a fixed fee of £125 plus VAT.
For more information or to book your appointment, please contact a member of our family team 01273 324041 or by email.