Our Solicitors in Hassocks
From our office on Keymer Road in Hassocks, our experienced team of solicitors advise and support individuals and businesses on all aspects of private and commercial law.
At Griffith Smith LLP, we pride ourselves on combining a highly professional service with a friendly, proactive approach for our clients in Hassocks and across West Sussex. We also provide a range of services from our other office, based in Brighton.
Visiting our Hassocks Office
By car – There are parking spaces available at the nearby Hassocks Station Car Park.
By Train – Hassocks Station is just a short walk away from our office.
By Bus – The Post Office bus stop sits directly outside our office and is served by the number 33. The nearby Spitalford Bridge bus stops are also served by the numbers 167 and 168.
Accessibility – We are committed to making our office as accessible as possible. If you have any specific requirements prior to making a visit, feel free to get in touch so we can discuss how we can accommodate you.
Our legal services in Hassocks
Services for Business
There is a great deal of risk associated with buying or selling a business, but our team can advise both buyers and sellers to ensure a smooth transaction. Using our extensive experience, we can help you save time and money by advising on the terms being presented to your business and identifying key issues that could otherwise leave your business in a vulnerable position.
Our expertise includes:
- Premises and lease terms
- Trading and financial position
- Third party rights over business assets
- Intellectual property
- Contracts and disputes
- Due diligence
- Acquisition agreements and warranties.
We have extensive experience advising a range of charities and not-for-profit organisations in relation to property transactions, including the sale of charitable land and the re-financing of charity assets.
Our commercial property solicitors in Hassocks are experienced in advising businesses on commercial property matters that are likely to have an effect on a business’s day-to-day operations.
Our expertise includes:
- Acquisition and disposal of investment properties
- Acquisitions and disposals of charity property
- Advice on development of affordable housing and supported living
- Agricultural law matters
- Conditional sale agreements and overage sale agreements
- General landlord and tenant advice
- Hotels and leisure
- Office, retail and industrial lettings
- Property disputes
- Property joint ventures
- Property financing and secured lending
- Sales and lettings of completed units
- Site assembly and development
- Lease extensions
Using methods of alternative dispute resolution and mediation, we will help resolve disputes involving your business, avoiding costly and time-consuming court proceedings where possible. If court is unavoidable, our team can provide robust representation to fight your case.
We have particular expertise in:
- Agency, partnership and shareholder disputes
- Claims involving business disruption
- Contractual disputes of all types
- Breach of confidentiality, non-compete or restrictive covenant
- Breach of fiduciary duty / claims involving company directors
- Civil fraud
- Defamation and reputation management
- Intellectual property disputes
- Professional negligence
We also have specialist expertise in disputes involving commercial property, including:
- 1954 Act Lease renewals
- Breach of covenant including unlawful sub-letting
- Rights of light
Our intellectual property solicitors in Hassocks advise businesses on how to manage and protect their intellectual property, ensuring that they are fully aware of all the risks involved in this often-complex area of commercial law.
We have expertise in matters including:
- Copyright law
- Designs and database rights
- IP arrangements for software developers, e-learning consultancies and others
There are plenty of legal considerations to make when setting up a new business, which is where our expert commercial solicitors can step in to provide clear, practical advice. We can focus on the complex legal matters associated with new commercial endeavours and help you maintain the smooth operation of your business.
We advise new businesses on:
- Trading terms and other commercial contracts
- Premises leases
- Intellectual property rights
- Data Protection
- Website issues, privacy and cookie policies
Our business clients benefit from our wealth preservation service, where we provide advice on the personal implications of business transactions, such as advising on Wills, trusts and lifetime gifting.
Services for you
Legal issues concerning your family can be particularly difficult to deal with and, as such, need to be handled with care to preserve important relationships. Our family law solicitors in Hassocks will work alongside you to seek a cost-effective and practical solution to both simple and complex issues concerning your family and children, utilising alternative dispute resolution where possible.
Our expertise includes:
- Civil partnership
- Cohabitation, pre-nuptial, and pre-civil partnership contracts
- Collaborative family law
- Disputes involving children
- Disputes between unmarried partners about children and money or property
- Domestic violence, injunctions and emergency remedies
- Financial and property issues following divorce and relationship breakdown
- Pension implications of divorce
- Separation Agreements
Our litigation team are experienced in resolving legal disputes using methods of negotiation and mediation, achieving successful results without incurring the costs and stress of traditional litigation. Where court proceedings are required to resolve a dispute, we can make sure you are fully aware of your options and what steps need to be taken.
We have particular expertise in the following types of disputes:
Our residential conveyancing solicitors will work alongside you to help remove the anxiety of buying or selling your home, acting in your best interests to make sure that your move is made as smooth as possible. We can also support clients with a range of associated conveyancing issues, such as lease extensions and right to manage.
We specialise in:
If you intend to claim compensation for an injury that was caused by someone else, we can provide detailed advice about how to bring your case forward, as well as handling all the legal aspects on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis in most cases. Our personal injury solicitors will strive to resolve your case out-of-court and will fight to get the you the maximum amount of compensation available.
Our personal injury expertise includes:
Planning for when you are no longer around is never easy, but it is essential that you make sure your wishes are known to avoid any potential disputes between your family. By creating a Will or trust, you can set out who will benefit from your estate and how you would like it to be administered after you die.
Our expertise includes:
Get in touch with our solicitors in Hassocks
For expert legal advice for you or your business, call our solicitors in Hassocks on 01273 843405, email email@example.com or fill in the enquiry form below to request a call back.