Our Solicitors in Brighton
Based on Old Steyne in Brighton, our experienced team of solicitors offer a variety of services to individuals, families and businesses in Brighton and across the South East.
At Griffith Smith LLP, our clients benefit from our seasoned private and commercial expertise, combined with our professional, empathetic approach. We also provide a wide range of legal services from our other office in Hassocks.
Visiting our Brighton Office
By car – We are a short walk away from a number of car parks, including The Lanes Car Park.
By Train – Brighton train station is a 15-minute walk away from our office.
By Bus – There are a number of bus stops located close by which are served by the numbers 1, 1A, 2, 5, 5A, 5B, 7, 12, 12A, 12X, 14, 14B, 14C, 17, 18, 21, 21A, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 37, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 52, 57, 78, 79, 270 ,271, 272, N1, N5 and N7.
Accessibility – We strive to make our legal services as assessible as possible, so if you have any specific requirements prior to visiting our office, get in touch with a member of our team so we can make the necessary arrangements.
Our legal services in Brighton
Services for Business
Buying or selling any type of business comes with plenty of legal complications, so it pays to have sound advice from an expert commercial solicitor. Our team advise both buyers and sellers on business transactions, making sure that any deal is competed with your best interests in mind.
Our expertise includes:
- Premises and lease terms
- Trading and financial position
- Third party rights over business assets
- Intellectual property
- Contracts and disputes
- Due diligence
- Acquisition agreements and warranties.
Charities and not-for-profit organisations require detailed advice when it comes to property transactions.
Our team assist and advise charities on a wide range of associated matters, including:
- Re-financing charity assets
- General charity law
- Employment law
Commercial property transactions come hand-in-hand with a range of legal issues, so our commercial property solicitors in Brighton can save your business time and money by handling matters on your behalf.
Our expertise includes:
- Acquisition and disposal of investment properties
- Acquisitions and disposals of charity property
- Advice on development of affordable housing and supported living
- Agricultural law matters
- Conditional sale agreements and overage sale agreements
- General landlord and tenant advice
- Hotels and leisure
- Office, retail and industrial lettings
- Property disputes
- Property joint ventures
- Property financing and secured lending
- Sales and lettings of completed units
- Site assembly and development
Commercial disputes which are handled in the wrong way can prove to be devastating, no matter how profitable your business is. Our commercial disputes solicitors can save you the time, money and frustration of managing a dispute alone, using methods of alternative dispute resolution where possible.
We have particular expertise in:
- Agency, partnership and shareholder disputes
- Claims involving business disruption
- Contractual disputes of all types including debt recovery
- Breach of confidentiality, non-compete or restrictive covenant
- Breach of fiduciary duty / claims involving company directors
- Civil fraud
- Defamation and reputation management
- Intellectual property disputes
- Professional negligence
We also have specialist expertise in disputes involving commercial property, including:
- 1954 Act Lease renewals
- Breach of covenant including unlawful sub-letting
- Rights of light
If your business is owed money or is finding it difficult to recover outstanding debts, our debt recovery solicitors in Brighton can step in to get the process moving along, regardless of whether you are chasing a payment from an individual or another business.
Our intellectual property solicitors advise businesses on all aspects of intellectual property law, ensuring that all of the legal implications of this area of law are made clear.
We have expertise in:
- Copyright law
- Designs and database rights
- IP arrangements for software developers, e-learning consultancies and others
Running a business is far from simple, especially if you are only just getting a brand new organisation off the ground. Our commercial team can offer pragmatic advice that is designed to help you get your business up and running, as well as helping you manage day-to-day operations.
We advise new businesses on:
- Trading terms and other commercial contracts
- Premises leases
- Intellectual property rights
- Data Protection
- Website issues, privacy and cookie policies
Our commercial team offer a tailored wealth preservation service where we provide a complimentary service on the personal implications of any business transactions you carry out, such as effects to Wills or Trusts.
Services for you
When it comes to legal issues involving your family, the situation can become increasingly complicated without the proper guidance. Our family law solicitors in Brighton can offer compassionate, yet practical advice for a wide range of family law matters, helping you to reach a desirable outcome using non-adversarial methods of collaborative law.
Our expertise includes:
- Civil partnership
- Cohabitation, pre-nuptial, and pre-civil partnership agreements
- Collaborative family law
- Disputes involving children
- Disputes between unmarried partners about children and money or property
- Domestic violence, injunctions and emergency remedies
- Financial and property issues following divorce and relationship breakdown
- Pension implications of divorce
- Separation Agreements
Without the correct legal advice in place, any type of legal dispute could result in costly court proceedings which could otherwise have been avoided. Our litigation team have experience with all manner of disputes and will be able to help you achieve a successful result without incurring the costs of traditional litigation.
We have particular expertise in the following types of disputes:
For most people, their home is likely to be their most valuable asset. Our residential property solicitors can work alongside you to make any purchase or sale as simple as possible, providing any additional support you need to ensure that the transaction goes ahead smoothly.
We specialise in:
If you find yourself involved in an accident that was not your fault, seeking compensation is likely to be one of your main concerns. Our personal injury solicitors in Brighton can provide you with detailed advice to help bring your case forward, taking most cases on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis.
Our personal injury expertise includes:
Making a Will or creating a Trust is essential if you want to make your wishes for your estate and assets as clear as possible. Our Wills, trusts and estate team can work with you to set out exactly how you would like your estate to be administered, giving you the reassurance that everything has been taken care of when you are no longer around.
Our expertise includes:
Get in touch with our solicitors in Brighton
For expert legal advice from our personal and commercial law solicitors, get in touch with a member of our team in Brighton on 01273 324041, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the enquiry form below to request a call back.