Commercial Lease Solicitors
Whether you are a commercial landlord or tenant, your lease is vital to underpin your relationship and safeguard your interests. The perfect commercial lease allows the landlord and tenant to focus on running their business and pursue their goals as well as to provide a clear, simple way to resolve disputes.
Our Commercial Property team is led by Dan Ongley who specialises in providing astute commercial lease advice to businesses and individuals across Sussex and beyond.
Our clients are wide-ranging, including:
- Landlords looking to:
- Acquire new tenants
- Manage tenancies and property portfolios
- End commercial tenancies and regain possession
- Tenants looking for:
- Premises from which to run their business, such as office space, retail premises, storage space and warehouse or industrial space
- Advice about renewing a commercial tenancy
- Advice about ending a commercial tenancy
- Advice about transferring a commercial tenancy via subletting or assignment
- Advice about extending a long leasehold
We also provide practical commercial dispute resolution services to landlords and tenants who require advice and representation in a dispute involving a commercial lease.
Speak to our commercial lease solicitors in Sussex now
Why choose Griffith Smith for commercial lease advice
Specialist commercial property experience
Our commercial property lawyers have decades of experience working with businesses, investors, developers and more.
A strong, commercially-minded approach
We ground our legal expertise in the commercial realities of our clients’ businesses. We will tailor our advice to suit your goals, adapting swiftly as your business evolves and grows. For this reason, our clients look to us as a long-term solution to their full range of commercial legal issues.
Bespoke advice, exceptional client service
Providing a top quality service is just as important as the results we achieve for you. This means we focus on providing practical advice in simple, straightforward language and we will keep you updated every step of the way.
A member of our team is always available to speak to you should you have any questions or concerns, and we are happy to conduct your legal matter in whatever way suits you, including face-to-face meetings, video conferencing and calls/emails.
Our commercial lease expertise
- Preparing and reviewing commercial lease documents
- Commercial lease management
- Commercial lease renewals
- Ending a commercial lease
- Subletting and assignment
- Resolving commercial lease disputes
We help landlord and tenants negotiate positive solutions in the vast majority of situations. Where disputes do arise, we also have experience providing robust representation in court proceedings.
Preparing and reviewing commercial lease documents
Taking the time and care to negotiate the terms of your commercial lease is one of the most important thing you can do to protect your commercial interests. Get the initial terms right and everything else falls into place – your lease gives you a clear understanding of the scope of your rights and responsibilities as well as preventing future disputes.
Our specialist commercial lease lawyers can help you negotiate the terms of your lease, putting your best interests first at all times.
Commercial lease management
We can provide guidance about managing your rights and responsibilities under your commercial lease, including:
- Rent reviews and service charge negotiations
- Repair obligations, maintenance and dilapidations
- Health & safety considerations
- Fire safety considerations
- Energy considerations
Commercial lease renewals
Commercial tenants often have a legal right to extend their lease when it comes to an end. However, this depends on the terms of the lease document. We can help landlords and tenants negotiate lease renewals.
Ending a commercial lease
We can provide advice to landlord and tenants about their options for ending a commercial lease. Whether you simply want to move on or you need help recovering possession from a problematic tenant, we can handle the matter with a high level of professionalism. Our expertise includes:
- Ending a lease at the end of the term
- Exercising break clauses
- Repossession of commercial property
- Transferring a commercial lease – subletting and assignment
Subletting and assignment
Our commercial lease solicitors can provide all the advice you need about transferring a commercial lease. Our expertise includes:
- Explaining your options and reviewing the terms of the lease
- Negotiating the terms of the sublet or assignment
- Drafting the necessary legal documentation
- Providing advice about your rights and responsibilities as a landlord, tenant, head landlord or tenant or sub landlord or tenant