Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Solicitors
When facing a commercial dispute, you need a lawyer who understands what is most important to your business. Our specialist commercial litigation solicitors can work with you to resolve disputes as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible whilst managing risk and re-evaluating policies and procedures to minimise future disputes.
Our Litigation Team brings a wealth of diverse experience and a modern approach to dispute resolution. We recognise that fighting your case involves robust argument but not aggressive correspondence or point-scoring, which can often be counter-productive.
We have extensive experience of taking matters to trial, but aim to achieve the best overall result through swift negotiation and mediation, avoiding the lengthy delays and high costs of going to trial.
We recognise that litigation is a last resort and always unwelcome. It’s a distraction from management time. There are inherent commercial risks in all litigation, along with potentially high costs, with no certainty of recovery. With this commercial awareness, we can assist in areas such as:
- Agency, partnership and shareholder disputes
- Claims involving business disruption
- Contractual disputes of all types including debt recovery
- Breach of confidentiality, non-compete or restrictive covenant
- Breach of fiduciary duty / claims involving company directors
- Civil fraud
- Defamation and reputation management
- Intellectual property disputes
- Professional negligence
Commercial Property disputes
Acting for both landlords and tenants, we have particular experience in :
- 1954 Act Lease renewals
- Breach of covenant including unlawful sub-letting
- Rights of light
Our approach to resolving commercial disputes
We work closely with each business to understand their commercial objectives and the risks and opportunities it is facing. As part of our dispute resolution service, we:
- Take steps to protect your business interests, including your intellectual property and tangible assets
- Help you manage relationships with your customers, suppliers and other interested parties
- Manage tension and disagreement between directors, shareholders, and employees
- Identify risk areas and advise on regulatory compliance where appropriate
- Review and advise on commercial contracts
- Advise on reputation management – defusing conflict and avoiding public disputes
- Advise on using alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation or arbitration to resolve commercial disputes
Where a dispute cannot be resolved through informal negotiation or alternative dispute resolution, we can advise on making or defending legal claims. Our expert team will provide clear, practical advice about the options, potential costs, and prospects for success so that you can make an informed decision about how to proceed.
We will help you develop a focused strategy with the aim of minimising disruption to your business whilst promoting and protecting your commercial objectives. In many cases, legal proceedings can be the catalyst for meaningful negotiation; we will work closely with you to keep the door of communication with other parties open with the aim of settling before the matter reaches trial.
Why choose our commercial litigation and dispute resolution solicitors?
- A senior team of litigation specialists at your disposal
We are a senior-led team with decades of combined expertise in complex and high value commercial litigation matters. We have a range of varied expertise within the team, with notable members including Paul Harrington who specialises in commercial property litigation and is also a Law Society Accredited Civil Mediator.
- Expert legal advice through a commercial lens
Our commercial litigation solicitors will apply a strategic approach to your dispute, exploring options and potential solutions with your business objectives at the forefront of our mind and taking into account relevant market factors.
- Personal and proactive customer service
We build lasting relationships with our clients based on trust and a shared vision for each business’s future. What sets us apart from other firms is our proactive approach and highly responsive service. We aim to respond to all enquiries promptly and provide regular updates throughout your matter.
- Flexible fee structures
We understand that costs will likely be a primary concern for your business. We are happy to discuss our flexible fee structures with you and agree a budget that can allow us to fulfil your legal needs without overstretching.
Contact our dispute resolution and commercial litigation solicitors
For further information or to make an appointment, please get in touch with your local branch in Brighton or Hassocks. Alternatively, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will respond promptly.